Bogotá’s International Convention Center - Agora is a work that aims to transform the sector, with a public/private investments of approx. 289.000 Million Colombian Pesos (USD $108M).
In order to achieve the architectural design for this megaproject, an international competition was held where 119 firms participated from around the world. The winning proposal belongs to a Colombian-Spanish consortium, involving architects Daniel Bermúdez and Juan Herreros.
- Agora is a public-private initiative led by the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce, the Fair Authority CORFERIAS, the Bogotá City administration, and central government, to contribute to the process of economic, social and urban transformation of Bogotá.
- Agora will become one of the most important elements of n the Fair and Events complex in Bogotá, - CORFERIAS -, and there will be pedestrian bridge connection.
- Agora will be located strategically 3 km (2 miles) from the historic centre of Bogotá, and 8 km (5 miles) from El Dorado International airport.
- The hotel infrastructure in this part of the city offers more than 5000 3-5-star rooms of, with well-known brands such as Marriott, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, capital, Sheraton and Radisson.
- Agora will open its own 5-star hotel with 411 rooms in 2018. There will be a pedestrian connecting passage with ample green zones and shops.
- 64,883m2 total area over 5 floors
- 18 or more multifunctional, flexible spaces
- Maximum capacity of 4,000, rising to 15,000 when connected to Corferias.
- 4 support areas: Technical Secretariat, VIP room, Press Room, Speakers Lounge
- 1,055 parking spaces.